APPLICATION FEE: US$150
All applicants must submit the completed application form, video link and US$150 application fee online on or before May 1, 2022 (11:59PM HST). Only complete applications will be considered by the Competitor Selection Jury.
Please keep in mind the following as you complete your application:
VIDEO AUDITION FILES
Your video audition files are the primary basis on which you will be evaluated to become a competitor for the 2022 Ke’alohi International Piano Competition. Please make sure that video audition files adhere to the following guidelines:
Preliminary Video Round Repertoire
- Up to 20 minutes of any solo work to include any virtuosic etude of the applicant’s choice AND
- First or last movement of any published concerto of the applicant’s choice with a second piano accompaniment or with orchestra.
Entrants must upload an unedited, high-definition (HD) video of their performance to YouTube.
- Applicant’s face and hands should be clearly visible.
- All works must be performed from memory and in their original form.
- Video must not be edited, nor should any effects such as “reverb” be added. Any evidence of audio that does not match the performance will result in disqualification.
- Video must have been recorded within 3 months of submission.
- Different pieces may be recorded on different occasions/venues.
- Video recordings may be paused between each piece, however each work on the video must be a continuous and unedited performance.
- In order to preserve anonymity during the audition process, please DO NOT add your name to the title of the individual files.
- Your recording must be genuinely performed by you.
- Review your recording before uploading to ensure they are of good quality.
- Please note that submitted recordings do not need to be filmed in a particular setting. Videos filmed in a practice room, a living room, a concert hall, a recording studio, or any other setting may be submitted.
- No substitutions of video are allowed once submitted.
OTHER REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
The following supporting documents must be uploaded with the application:
- Brief biography of the applicant
- High-res color photograph in JPEG file.
Applicants will be notified of their acceptance/alternate/non-acceptance status by e-mail message sent no later than May 20, 2022.