Rules and Regulations
- Memorization is not required.
- Solo works only. Original compositions and improvisations are not allowed.
- All pieces must be performed in their original form. No cuts or editing are allowed.
- Repeats indicated in the score are optional.
- Different pieces may be recorded on different occasions provided the performance has been recorded within 6 months prior to submission.
- Any recording over the allotted time will not be penalized but will not be judged.
- Previous first place winners of the Aloha International Piano Competition, Amateur Division are welcome to re-apply.
- Judges’ comments will not be provided.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
Video Requirements for Virtual Applicants
Entrants must upload an unedited, high-definition (HD) video of their performance to YouTube.
- Applicant’s face and hands should be clearly visible.
- Video must not be edited, nor should any effects such as “reverb” be added. Any evidence of audio that does not match the performance will result in disqualification.
- Video recording must have been made within 6 months of submission.
- Different pieces may be recorded on different occasions/venues, however each work on the video must be a continuous and unedited performance.
- Clearly label the uploaded file with the applicant’s name and competing level.
- Your recording must be genuinely performed by you.
- Review your recording before uploading to ensure they are of good quality.
- Please note that submitted recordings do not need to be filmed in a particular setting. Videos filmed in a practice room, a living room, a concert hall, a recording studio, or any other setting may be submitted.
- No substitutions of video are allowed once submitted.